The Trinity Health Care
Long Term Care Insurance
You and your family members have the opportunity to participate in long-term care insurance administered by The Todd Benefits Group. Coverage will take the form of individually-owned policies with special partner discounts. This approach will enable you to customize your coverage based on your specific needs and budget. Coverage is completely portable and benefits can be used in any of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
Consider the following:
- Boomers turning age 65 at a rate of 10,000 per day for the next 18 years
- 40% of people receiving long term care are below age 65
- 70% chance that people age 65 and over will require long-term care services
- Tax benefits for premiums paid
- Premiums are pre-tax if paid out of your HSA account.
- Special Tax Credits/Deductions
- Your resident state may include a state deduction/tax credit. Review with your assigned TBG Benefit Specialist for details. For example, NY residents benefit from a 20% tax credit for long-term care insurance premiums paid.
TBG has developed advanced tools to help you make an informed decision about the plan that is right for you:
- Calculate your premium by clicking http://www.toddltc.com/trinity/calc. Here, you may find out more about long-term care insurance and producing plan designs with premium rates based on your personal information.
- You may contact TBG directly at 888-310-TODD(8633) and speak to a Personal Benefit Specialist who will assist you with all aspects of the program. All inquiries about the program must be directed to TBG.
From a financial planning standpoint, it’s important to note the younger you are when you purchase coverage, the lower your premiums will be, forever. The cost of waiting can be significant. However, the greatest cost of waiting is that you may become uninsurable later in life and coverage would not be available to you at any cost. If you decide to buy coverage now, you’ll have the peace of mind of knowing that you have taken care of one of life’s most underestimated financial risks.